The new normal
Attending the practice for an appointment will be different due to the COVID 19 pandemic. Your safety and that of our staff is our number one priority so we have put extra measures in place.
The process of attending the practice for an appointment will change for the foreseeable future. Please do not worry, we will take you through every step and make the whole process as straightforward as possible.
We have a closed-door policy and all visits to the practice are by appointment only which includes eye examinations, eyewear consultations, spectacle fitting and spectacle repairs. This helps us to maintain social distancing and to disinfect thoroughly after each patient.
Here is a typical walkthrough of what to expect. Please consider that as things change so will the following protocols but we will keep you updated.
There are now two parts to your appointment: the initial part will involve completing a pre-examination form and an initial consultation with one of our team members. The second part is when you attend the practice for all the appropriate tests and for the dispensing of any glasses that are required.
PART 1 – Before your visit
Booking and in preparation for your appointment
- Please tell us if you, or anyone else in your family, has had any of the symptoms of coronavirus within the last 14 days – new continuous cough, high temperature or loss of taste or smell. Please do not book or attend an appointment if you are unwell, we will be happy to book an appointment when you are feeling better. We will, however, do what we can to help you remotely if necessary.
- Please also tell us if you are a “shielded” patient or are at increased risk from COVID-19 due to underlying medical conditions.
- We will send you a pre-exam form before you come into the practice, these need to be completed. Please ensure that you complete all of these forms as we may not be able to see you otherwise. If you have any difficulties please call our Reception Team.
- We will not be accepting cash payments for the time being so please bring a payment card with you. Please note, we will request payment in advance for appointments wherever possible.
PART 2 – Day of the visit
- Please attend alone, unless you require a carer or you are accompanying a minor.
- Please attend on-time as I’m afraid we may not be able to see you if you are late, we also may not be able to accommodate you if you arrive too early.
- Our door will be locked, in order to control the number of patients in the practice.
- Please kindly wait outside the practice when you arrive, the door will be opened by a staff member when it is safe for you to enter.
- You will be asked to use the hand sanitiser upon entering the practice.
- Please do not bring any extra items with you e.g shopping etc.
- Please remember to bring your face mask and please wear it to your appointment.
- We do not have customer toilet facilities please be prepared for this.
During your eye exam
- You will be asked to wear your facemask whilst having your eyes examined.
- You optometrist will already be wearing their full PPE.
- Breath shields have been installed on our equipment.
During your eyewear consultation – choosing new frames
- After your eye examination, we offer a personal eyewear consultation with a Dispensing Optician. They will be there to answer any further queries you may have and to help you make the best eyewear choices based on your needs.
- You will be shown different options and all of the eyewear possibilities that fit your face, your prescription, your personal style and your budget. We will go through both frame and lens choice during this consultation.
- All suitable frame options will be selected and presented to you. After a frame has been tried on it will be removed and disinfected. Currently, we ask that you do not touch the spectacle frames on display.
- During the eyewear consultation, specific measurements will be taken by the Dispensing Optician who will be wearing their full PPE.
- We also have screens in place during your eyewear consultation
We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding during these ever changing times and we very much look forward to seeing you at the practice soon.
Please do call or email us with any concerns or questions. The reception desk is open and taking calls between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
We look forward to seeing you again in person soon.