How to be sure nothing is wrong…
Unlike many other areas of the body, the eyes are one of the only places where you can have extreme damages occur without any symptoms.
Eye diseases often progress quickly and without any warning signs at all. Furthermore, many other underlying conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, tumors, etc. can be detected first through your eye exam.
Because the eye is so complex and your sight is so important to us, we allow for a minimum of 30 minutes for your adult eye exam. This ensures that our optometrist will have the time to conduct a thorough and unhurried examination.
TOP 10 reasons To Have An Eye Exam:
- You only have one pair of eyes. Once lost, your eyesight may never be replaced.
- Unlike your teeth, your eyes do not usually hurt when there is something wrong.
- The eye examination can pick up early signs of potentially blinding eye conditions, such as glaucoma.
- The earlier a problem is detected the greater the chance of successful treatment. This is particularly true for young children and the elderly.
- The eye examination can also detect a number of other underlying health problems.
- An examination checks whether your eyesight needs correcting with spectacles and determines the best form of correction for your vision.
- Good vision means working and playing better and safer; in actual fact it means a better quality of life.
- For young people, good eyesight is vital for learning. An eye examination will detect any problems in sight which may be affecting school performance.
- Failing eyesight is often taken for granted as people get older. However, by having an eye examination and remedying problems in eyesight, older people can improve their quality of life significantly.
- Poor eyesight is dangerous. Make sure that you meet the legal requirement for driving.